CCCS of Portage County in Kent Ohio. is one of the largest nonprofit agencies in Northeast Ohio. CCCS of Portage County in Kent Ohio has spent the past 75 years helping individuals of all ages; from providing life’s basic needs – food, clothing and shelter – to counseling and mentoring services. We are able to carry out our mission because of the network of volunteers and support from the community.
Last year we assisted over 100,000 people. Because of the generosity and commitment of our faithful supporters, we provided food for the hungry, clothes for those in need, shelter for the homeless, counseling for individuals and families, guidance for the young and encouragement for the downtrodden. Every day our 3,500 dedicated volunteers make it possible to respond to the increasing number of individuals and families who need us.
At F&CS, we’re never content to sit still. We provide more than 71 programs, in 21 counties and in two states – Ohio and Michigan. Simply put, where there’s a need, we look for a way to meet it.
What We Do
Consumer Credit Counseling Services (CCCS) is a program that offers services such as financial education, budgeting assistance, and debt management plans.
Through this program, consumers can work with a credit counselor to:
- Create and/or develop a household budget
- Access and understand your personal credit report
- Eliminate credit debt through a personalized debt management program (creditors typically reduce interest, minimum payments and fees through this program!)
- Attend financial literacy classes in the community
- Set financial goals for the future and a plan to achieve those goals
- Complete required bankruptcy credit counseling and education certification
- Through the Strategies for Attaining Financial Empowerment ($AFE) program, CCCS also provides educational programs to consumers on budgeting, creditworthiness and help to understand credit bureau reporting.
Consumers meet with a financial counselor and can actively participate in their financial future. These programs are available to individuals, groups, churches, employers, and organizations at no charge. CCCS also provides classes tailored to meet the specific needs of a group. CCCS is a certified member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (www.nfcc.org).
Did you know the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act requires financial institutions – companies that offer consumers financial products or services like loans, financial or investment advice, or insurance – to explain their information-sharing practices to their customers and to safeguard sensitive data?
For more information about a CPR member agency near you Contact Us
Comments are closed.